Corporate law considerations for entrepreneurs
The regulations of corporate law are much more demanding of entrepreneurs as opposed to consumers. Numerous legal obligations are imposed on entrepreneurs in relation to their business. In the system of corporate and commercial law they are treated as professionals, which has specific legal consequences. The situation of an entrepreneur differs in the case of business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C) transactions. Entrepreneurs should be aware of the effects of their actions and omissions, both in their relationship with consumers or business partners. The consequences are different and any breach can be just as serious.
It should be remembered that a party functions as an entrepreneur or a consumer only in a given relationship with another entity, and not once and for all. For instance, it may happen that a person who runs business takes up a role of a consumer in a particular legal transaction.
Legal services in the field of corporate law and commercial law
Our law firm provides legal services in the field of broadly understood corporate law, including comprehensive legal assistance related to commercial law, company law and competition law. We work both with entrepreneurs taking their first steps in a selected market, or who start their own business and are considering the choice of the right corporate form, as well as with experienced entrepreneurs who focus on expanding their companies. Each business is different, even in the same branch of industry. Often, it depends on implementation of distinct company policies on running business or contacts with clients and contractors. In our work, we focus on establishing lasting relationship based on knowledge of the unique character of the Client’s company, trust, full confidentiality and choice of individual solutions.
Legal services offered for commercial companies
The Law Firm specializes in rendering legal services to commercial companies, with particular emphasis on corporate forms such as: general partnership, professional partnership, limited partnership and limited liability company. We offer assistance in choosing the right corporate form, taking into account the individual situation and interests of a given entrepreneur, as well as in all actions related to signing the articles of association, registration of a company and in day-to-day operations.
Legal services provided to commercial companies include, among others:
- Preparation of documents required for establishment of a commercial company, including: general partnership agreement, professional partnership agreement, limited partnership agreement, articles of association of a limited liability company
- Preparation of documents required for registration of commercial companies in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register
- Representation in proceedings aiming at registration of a commercial company in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register
- Drawing up contracts, rules and regulations and general terms and conditions of contracts as necessary in the daily operations of a company
- Preparation of documents required for amendments to the articles of association
- Preparation of corporate documentation
- Preparation and consulting on issues related to business agreements
- Legal advice regarding day-to-day operations of the company and its governing bodies
- Preparation and provision of services at General Meetings, including drawing up documentation required for holding the meeting, such as: Minutes of the General Meeting, minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting
- Representation of the company, its governing bodies and partners in corporate disputes
- Representation in proceedings aimed at exercising the corporate rights of a shareholder
- Representation in judicial proceedings in cases related to cancellation of a resolution of shareholders or invalidation of a resolution
- Representation in judicial proceedings related to expulsion of a shareholder
- Representation in judicial proceedings related to dissolution of a company
- Representation in judicial proceedings related to liability of directors
- Representation in labor disputes
- Services related to debt collection
- Services related to proces of liquidation of the company
Trainings on commercial and corporate law
We share our knowledge and experience during practical trainings addressed to entrepreneurs that are organized in particular in cooperation with Poznań Biznes Partner. Trainings treat of such issues as the notion of an “entrepreneur”, consequences of functioning as an entrepreneur in legal transactions, commercial companies and the choice of an optimal corporate form.
In our work and in the course of our trainings, we answer the questions related to commercial and corporate law as well as company law, including:
- What are the advantages and disadvantage of running business as a sole proprietor based on an entry in the Central Registration and Information on Business (CEiDG)?
- In what situations is it worth starting a commercial company?
- Partnership or capital company? Which form of business to choose? What are the differences between them? What are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing a particular solution? What is a general partnership, professional partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company?
- What is the entrepreneur’s liability depending on the form of business?
- How to change the corporate form?
- How to set up and register a commercial company? What are the related costs?
- What provisions should be included in the company’s articles of association to minimize the risk of future problems? Is it possible to limit the articles only to obligatory provisions?
- What are the powers of partners and governing bodies of a company?
- How do the partners of the company benefit from the profits generated by the company?
- What are the rules concerning remuneration of members of the governing bodies in commercial companies?
- What is the civil and legal liability of members of the company’s governing bodies?
We are looking forward to cooperation with you.
Legal services related to day-to-day and long-term business operations of a company.
Legal services related to business cooperation and disputes with foreign contractors.